Common Sense

PERHAPS the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason. -Thomas Paine (1737-1809). Common Sense, 1776

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Medicare - - - The BIG Picture

At somewhere between $44 trillion (with a "t") and $85 trillion in unfunded liabilities, the 800 pound animal in the room is Medicare. 

About half the health "care" in the U.S. is delivered by Medicare. It isn't the tail, it's the dog.  And it wags so-called "private" health care like Lash LaRue wags the tip of his bullwhip.

The only way to fix the system is to "reform" Medicare. Mostly by eliminating it.

No, I'm not heartless, see, I just understand that the alternatives to markets aren't just worse, they're deadly.

According to "OUTCOMES RESEARCH," only 20% of the people in US hospitals absolutely belong there.  The other 80% are either receiving scientifically unproven procedures or are being treated for non existent conditions.  --William F. Buckley interview with Dr. Robert E. Weinberg of Dartmouth, Firing Line aired 25 April, 1993 in Las Vegas. (Video tape available. Call 803 799-3449.)


P.S. Lacking such radical reform, USA Corp will follow the Greek path. In fact, the path of all fiat-currency nations

Except it can't happen here of course.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home